Pukeatua is a working hobby farm. For the safety of all concerned it’s very important to follow the safety guidelines listed below.
Animals & Farm Safety
Animals are unpredictable. It is best to stay clear off them at all times unless under supervision of a staff member.
- Entering and exploring our property is by permission only. You are entering our property at your own risk and we hold no responsibility for any accident or injury incurred while staying at Pukeatua.
- Do not feed the animals, unless agreed with one of our farm members.
- Treat any electric fence tape or gate as live…
- Visitors to the farm stay at their own risk. This is a working farm with hazards both farm related (ie. machinery and animals) and natural (e.g. blackberry, thistles).
- Supervise young children carefully. There are specific water hazards for young children on the property – e.g. water troughs, ponds and streams.
Leave gates as you find them and make sure that an adult closes them correctly.
Pets are welcome by prior approval only.
No day guests allowed, unless agreed otherwise.
Management reserves the right to ask any nonconforming guests to leave the property
This is a non-smoking house and property. Any violation of the smoking policy will incur a $50 fine.
Confirmation, booking and cancellation policies
- The guest agrees the deposit of one night’s accommodation to confirm the booking must be paid by credit card or bank transfer to Pukeatua account ANZ – envirology Ltd – 01-0277-0175524-00.
We unfortunately must apply a 4% surcharge on all credit card bookings due to bank fees.
- Credit card details can also be supplied to secure your booking: Name, Number, Card Type and expiry date of card. Please confirm all payments by return email or by phone.
- If the guest cancels the booking within 7 days of the first booked date, he accepts that the deposit becomes non-refundable, unless the accommodation is resold. With less than four weeks’ notice of cancellation, the guest will accept that there will be no deposit refund unless the accommodation is resold.
- Payment in full for accommodation is required either by credit card, cash or by bank transfer on the day of arrival. Credit payments will be taken at commencement of your stay. No refund for the full booking will be given on cancellation within 24 hours of commencement of booking or during your stay, unless the booking is resold.
- The guest agrees to abide by the house rules of the property booked, as displayed in the accommodation and will be responsible for any loss, damage or breakages which may occur during his stay.
- The guest agrees to leave the accommodation in a tidy state on departure.
Check-in & Check-out times
Check-in is between 3pm and 7pm on the day of arrival and check-out is by 11am on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed to.
The payment of your deposit is confirmation that you agree to these terms.
Whilst we endeavour to keep all information and pricing in this site up to date we do reserve the right to change pricing where necessary.
All pricing is indicative only unless it is on the booking page.
All bookings are pending, until a confirmation email has been sent.